rawhide report: 20081223 changes

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Dec 23 18:02:18 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: rawhide report: 20081223 changes
From: drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Date: 12/23/2008 11:47 AM

> Sorry but this starts to become annoying using weird symbols in the
> spec file has no added value.
> Why can't you just write a readable spec file like all other maintainers do?
> Using some non default fonts makes it even worse.
> Even when the fonts are displayed this makes the specfile "harder" to
> read than using simple "-".

How about an enhancement to RPM for changelog text format checking? I
know RPM checks the date to make sure it is incremented, so why not
expand that to read the changelog contents? ASCII-only text? This
shouldn't add too much overhead or be that difficult to implement.

Better yet, since Fedora/Red Hat are not the only users of RPM, is there
a policy file that RPM could read that could enable/disable changelog
checking? Just my usual rambling.