rawhide report: 20081223 changes

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 24 02:31:22 UTC 2008

(Raw e-mail addresses removed, PLEASE don't add your own when replying;
I get enough spam already.)

drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>>>
>>> The first one does not display for me.  :-(  All I see is a square
>>> with 27c3 inside.
>>>
>>> Am I missing a font or something? I'm using the latest Firefox 3 in
>>> F10.
>> It's a math symbol so you're probably missing one of the optional
>> distro math fonts.
>
> Sorry but this starts to become annoying using weird symbols in the
> spec file has no added value.

Starting? It's been annoying for some time now, and adds no value. If it
was consistently the utf-8 bullet, well, maybe. As is, I'm sorry, but I
have to agree with Richard Hughes classification of this behavior¹.

1: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/101291

> Why can't you just write a readable spec file like all other maintainers do?
> Using some non default fonts makes it even worse.
> Even when the fonts are displayed this makes the specfile "harder" to
> read than using simple "-".

+1.

--
Matthew