Problem with cvs update

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Dec 29 15:10:44 UTC 2008

Frank Büttner wrote:
> after long time I had found some time to update some packages.
> But the cvs uopdate will fail with:
> Permission denied (publickey).
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
> messages if any)
>
> Can someone please help?

If you haven't used the Fedora CVS for a while, you may need to update
your ssh key and reset your Fedora Account System password.  After the
infrastructure intrusion last fall, passwords need to be reset and ssh
keys need to be re-uloaded.  DSA rsa keys are no longer accepted at
all, so if you have one of those, you need to generate a new RSA ssh
key to use with Fedora's systems.

You might also need to get a new SSL client certificate and update the
Fedora CA certificates.

You can do most of this via the FAS web site:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

After you update your ssh keys, password, ssl cert and such, run
fedora-packager-setup to download the Fedora CA certs.  The
fingerprints of those certs and for the ssh host keys of the Fedora
CVS server can be verified at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/fingerprints

Ocean:  A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for
man -- who has no gills.
    -- Ambrose Bierce