Fedora unusable on Asus eee 701

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:21:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> this bug [1] makes Fedora 10 unusable on Asus eee 701 because onboard
>> 4GB drive is too small for default set of apps and after updates drive
>> keeps shrinking to 0MB free :(((
>>
>> Please take this into consideration.
>>
>> If you need some more feedback please let us know or if there is some
>> other way we users can help this bug gets fixed.
>
> Maybe you are trying to install the wrong spin on the machine? I am quite
> positive the Desktop or Xfce spins will install in much less than that.

Desktop spin after install takes around 2.6GB of space, then there is
swap and Desktop spin is far from usable for my use cases so I need
additiona apps... the space gets eaten really fast.

I had no issue with space when I had an option of using 8GB SD card
with Fedora 9, now because of this bug I have no option but to manage
on only 4GB :(((

Valent.
--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/