Server SIG - work areas

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Mon Dec 1 17:08:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 13:23 -0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz> wrote:
> > opened our own mailing list - subscribe at
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fedora-server-list
>
> Cool - signing up. Excellent high level list of topics - matches
> perfectly with my OLPC School Server needs.
>
> I guess specific technical discussions do come back to
> fedora-devel-list@ still... we can't really do it without help --
> however indirect -- from the wider dev community.
>
> (If we do take all "server" discussions there, we could succeed in
> removing them from here, effectively lowering awareness of the server
> needs. That would be... counterproductive...)
>
> cheers,

> --
>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions

I think the whole point of having a list dedicated to the server
concepts is important precisely because of a separation between the dev
& lists and the new server one.  The traffic will be more focused, and
it *will* keep traffic off the dev list, something I see as an
advantage.

Then, where some insight from the dev folks is needed, we can do a cross
posting to both lists to get some thoughts on the matter flowing.

That's just my opinion, and I think the dev list is already quite full
as it is, having just joined myself a few days ago!