Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Dec 3 17:24:02 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> I am only interested to know, when it finished. But this is already taken
> care of by koji. :-)
> Is it possible to disable the progress percentages? It looks to me, that
> it increases the build.log with a lot of lines. Or does it somehow help to
> know at which percentage a build failed?

As far as I know, it can't be disabled. And anyway, yes, knowing how far a
build got before it failed can be useful. And then there's also my habit of
regularly polling the build.log to see how far it already got when I'm
really impatient waiting for a build to finish. ;-)

I'd rather we disable the verbose mode (which unfortunately got just enabled
globally, but all the KDE packages were already using it anyway): that one
spams the log with a lot more lines, it's mostly redundant because the
progress reports already tell what file is being compiled and it also
breaks the color coding in non-mock builds (the verbose lines are in the
default color just as the error/warning messages) and displaces the
errors/warnings out of the terminal buffer way faster than necessary. Not
all RPM builds are with output redirected to a log file! Though all this
may well be a ploy to make non-mock builds utterly useless. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler