Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 02:45:33 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> As a developer, maintainer and/or packager you normally want to see what
> the tools are doing, e.g. if the compiler has received the correct
> flags, is using the correct libraries etc.

Sure, but I care about that once in a great while. The rest of the time,
I really have no objection to the terse output cmake generates by
default. (Remember you *can* get the full output, either by 'make
VERBOSE=1' or you can ask cmake to just generate verbose makefiles.)

Of course, I like my percentage progress (a LOT, in big projects) also.
Maybe because I actually watch what my builds are doing as opposed to
*only* inspecting the log when it finishes. Plus, I challenge you to
argue that it isn't friendlier for casual end-users :-).

--
Matthew
"Adriaan has bin AWOL"