Python 2.6 now in Rawhide; breakage to follow

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:05:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:28, Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl>wrote:

> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Python 2.6 is now in Rawhide and ready to be battle-tested. Tools up to
> > yum and system-config-* work, with some DeprecationWarnings;
> > higher-level tools are still being worked on.
>
> I have dozens of packages that can't be upgraded (including yum and rpm)
> now. Any (simple) way to find out what the offending packages are?

If you're running yum upgrade by hand you can look at the yum output. Right
after it has gotten all the packages it runs the dependency checking.

Usually the packages that yum mentions again at the tail of the output are
the ones with issues.

In my case, I had to remove system-config-httpd, alchemist, libopensync and
python-turboflot. I don't think the first pair has been updated yet and the
latter didn't seem to be used by anything. You'll probably have different
packages with issues.

After that, I'm running just fine on today's rawhide.

darrell