rawhide report: 20081208 changes

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 8 18:40:01 UTC 2008

Le lundi 08 décembre 2008 à 18:33 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :

> > What was the problem that you had? cvs-import.sh shouldn't be used for updating.
>
> It shouldn't?

There is a cabal that insists cvs-import.sh is "dangerous". Those same
people find perfectly normal that packagers regularly make mistakes with
direct cvs use, including pushing the wrong version of files to users
and wasting tens of minutes battling cvs tags.

I say, just use the method that works for you and ignore naysayers.

--
Nicolas Mailhot