Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:

[...]

> I just don't get why any sane person, especially anyone familiar with
> computer languages, would ever want to give something that is not the
> same the same name.  Does anyone know how the developer(s) manage this
> themselves?  I have to think they are keeping multiple concurrent
> versions installed (and that that is the only reasonable approach).

You mean like C? There was plain K&R C, then futzing around with lint, then
several popular C extensions, then along came ANSI C (C89), then C99; all the
while there were all sorts of "interesting" GCC extensions included,
changed, retracted, added in the standard or replaced in it by a completely
different way of doing the same thing...
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513