Server SIG - work areas

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Dec 9 09:57:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 16:28 +0200, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:

> Signed-up for the list.  This all sounds great for a start, Dan.  I'm
> sure it'll develop more over time, as long as we're flexible enough to
> allow for that.

Signed up too.

I will however preface that the single most important 'feature' I want
on a server is long term support.

I love Fedora, and on the desktop I'm more than happy to juggle to
constant updates and the re-installs that come every six months or so.

However, on the server, I don't want to be doing this.  I want to know
that the httpd server I set up will still be getting update 3, 4 or 5
years out.  As such I don't use fedora for servers currently.  (I
usually use CentOS).

However, making sure that fedora is doing what I need it to do on the
server is important because fedora is the basis for RHEL (is the basis
for CentOS).

R.

 It's much better on my side"