Seahorse is orphaned?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:12:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> "keyring" is probably not that term many end users would use though. A bug
> report to add that to the summary might be appropriate neverthless.

You know what I would absolutely LOVE? I would love to be able to get
a data dump of what searches terms people are using in PK and which
search terms result in which packages being selected for install (not
the deps, the packages manually selected from the search results).
That would give us a comprehensive picture of how difficult the
package collection is to search, and if there are some areas in the
collection more difficult to search for than others.  If our package
management was implemented as a web service instead of a client
interface, that sort of thing would be cake to generate.. it would be
in the service logs.

Then again, if it were a web service then we could also open up
keyword tagging so that individual service users could add
supplimental keywords to refine searches without polluting the summary
or description namespace and without having to push updates to adjust
text strings before people could benefit.

-jef