[Ambassadors] Live CD & Localization (was: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 20:37:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 22:01 +0200, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> Jesse, Jeroen was saying specifically that seeding would be the
> responsibility of the maintainers of the spin & NOT the projects - only
> the torrent would be needed for the tracker to host the spin, then.  He
> was saying that FP still could revoke the spin by not tracking the
> torrent, which would pull it out of official circulation.
>
> Unless you meant something else, your concerns were addressed already...

As of yet, nobody has completed the ticket that would allow the fedora
torrent tracker to track the .torrent file only, and not have the bits
there as well.

I have other concerns which mostly revolve around timing of the release
of the spins, that the final moments before a compose becomes "gold" for
a given release we're often creating scratch repos of last minute
updates that need to be included in the spins.  Making these accessible
to all the various different places that could be making spins, and
keeping them coordinated is going to be a huge hurdle, unless we tell
these spin folks that they have to wait until after GA to make their
spins.

Then we run into the fun of "official" Fedora content being created on
machines outside the control of the Fedora Infrastructure.  Doesn't sit
very warm and fuzzy in my head.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!