The developers/maintainers

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 10 21:18:22 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 22:48 -0500, David wrote:
>> IMO you have a fine product and you have nothing, absolutely
>> nothing, to apologize for with your product.
>>
>> Thank you for Fedora.
>
> Thank you David, it's always nice to hear stories like this.  It's a
> good break from the normal day to day arguing with eachother about who
> broke the eggs and spilled the milk, and why the milk isn't in a
> spillproof container, or why the eggs didn't come with a warning on them
> that they might break, or why somebody couldn't just wait for all the
> eggs to be mixed before they consume it or... (:

Indeed. There are points of concern I have (as I'm sure readers know ;-)
) with Fedora's direction, but gratuitous not-working is not one of
them. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that not everything works for
everyone, but on the whole (except for problems with NVidia) I've had
very few problems with Fedora. Despite two-and-counting in-place
upgrades using yum :-D.

I'd also like to offer kudos for Cambridge, especially everyone that's
responsible in any way for the fact that it *just works* (well, okay,
except for the infamous suspend) on my Asus 900A. Frankly I'm pretty
amazed with that, just as I was downright shocked when I stuck my
LiveUSB in my Mom's laptop, and it not only detected but was able to use
the CDMA modem with zero configuration (thereby beating my previous
experience with Kubuntu live that failed to download the firmware it
thought it needed).

Now, about that 'startup in 10 seconds' goal... ;-)

--
Matthew
"Who wants to sing?" -- Orcs (Warcraft II)