What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Dec 11 10:57:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:25 +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Bradley Baetz wrote:
> >> Why is waiting for a new feature for 3 months too long?
> >
> > Because the user has work to do which requires the new feature.
>
> Sometimes, sure. But (again excluding new hardware) how often does that
> happen?
More often than you might think.

More precisely, as a developer, to me, this is the #1 motivation to use
Fedora. Otherwise, I could use a different distro.

As a participant in Fedora, other almost equally important aspects comes
into play: Tayloring the distro to meet my personal demands and having a
possibilities fix bugs quickly.

Having to wait for "at average 3 months", would widely waste these
aspects and render Fedora non-interesting to me.

Ralf