Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 13:01:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Till Maas wrote:
> This is something that hit me, too. While F10 was not released, I booted a
> live medium several times and sound worked there better than with F8 (A
> soundcard I considered dead started working again), but then after I install
> F10 Gold, I experience the same problems as you.

Aside from that, I experienced something similar for the proprietary ATI
driver. Worked pre F10 including beta (IIRC until preview) and afterwards
there are now issues such e.g. just a black screen resulting in unusable;
so RPM Fusion even removed it from F10. I don't know what changed between
Beta and Final, but was that chance really necessary to break the (slow)
work and more less slower progress of the ATI guys? ;-)

Greetings,
  Robert