Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 13:17:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 01:57:27PM +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Sometime it is better to push directly to stable, when the package is
> > already broken, when it is a security fix, or for packages with few
> > users.
>
> I agree with that so far, but such unluckily gotten base packages as dbus
> (you know, I dislike dbus) need definately more love and especially much
> more QA before getting stable. Such base packages IMHO need to succeed

I don't disagree with that. I personnally avoid at best pushing to
stable releases. What I mean is that there is not a 'one size fits all'
policy for package updates.

But I fully agree that fedora is moving too fast (in stable releases)
without proper QA and integration, and I have repeatedly said so.

--
Pat