Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Dec 11 17:27:49 UTC 2008

On Thu December 11 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:

> The setup for harddrive or network iso has changed, such that you now
> need an images/ directory with the install.img file within it at the
> same level as the directory of your isos.  We no longer crack open the
> isos in loader to find a image to use to bring up anaconda.  This is in
> the install guide for F10.

Will this be restored for F11? It was very helpful when using a usb medium to
install from. Btw. shouldn't it be mentioned in the release notes? It is imho
big change in anaconda.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-
notes/f10/en_US/What_is_New_for_Installation_and_Live_Images.html#sn-
Changes_in_Anaconda

Regards,
Till