yum --skip-broken update by default?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Dec 11 21:01:46 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Seth Vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) said:
>>> 1) People who have dependency problem won't see them anymore.
>> b/c we need to get the dep problems reported, too.
>
> Then you also enable by default the yum-email-dep-problems-to-fedora-devel
> plugin.
>
> Bill

Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly what kind of repository information you can
query from a yum plugin, but this plugin would need to be fairly
specific to the fedora repositories and would need to ignore
dep-problems on peoples on-site mirrors and such. Otherwise we'd get a
lot of bugs filed, caused by the use of such repos.

/Thomas