What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 23:43:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 10:33 +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
> No, I mean just restore the tree to the previously run compose
> (basically, restore from backup/snapshot/etc) Although updates that
> break like this don't happen very frequently, I wonder how many F10
> users just use PK and don't follow fedora lists, so aren't going to get
> any more updates unless they notice that there haven't been updates for
> a while and look into it. Was there a post to fedora-announce about this?
>
> (Plus it took 2 days for me - I got PackageKit pushed but couldn't
> update because gnome-packagekit wasn't pushed, plus the mirror update lag)

Given that each update push has been 150~ changes, that would be
throwing out 149 of them for one bad one.  And that's been on a 24 hour
cycle.  We're a tad over 24 hours from the last push start and we're
nearing 200 pending changes.  That's a lot to suddenly throw away and
re-churn on mirrors.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!