Les Mikesell wrote:
> Maybe.  What if the new version had dependencies that pulled in
> non-backwards compatible components?

That's exactly why we need new versions built for stable updates rather than
just using the Rawhide versions. The whole point of building for the
current/previous release (rather than the next one, i.e. Rawhide) is to (in
the vast majority of cases) NOT need new incompatible dependencies.

        Kevin Kofler