Making updates-testing more useful

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:50:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 09:51 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I am still interesting in the nag notifications if I can get them once
> updates-testing is enabled. As an updates-testing user...being nagged
> as to what testing things I have installed which deserve some
> feedback..would really help me remember to provide feedback.

This part is much harder. We do log what package comes from what repo,
but we don't know how many times the user actually used it. There's no
point asking the user "You've not given feedback on kdebase in 10 says"
if you've been using gnome for 10 days exclusively, and kdebase is only
installed because k3b is used every now and then.

I do think we need to log what programs have been run, and for how long
for lots of other reasons as well, but that seems to make people very
worried, very quickly.

Richard.