Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 12 14:36:55 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>  I don't want to get rid of "testing", I want to get rid of the hidden
> "package has been built but maintainer hasn't gotten around to push a
> package to testing" package queue and the interactions with it.
>
> It's the interactive step maintainers are required to perform in bodhi
> to push a package to testing, which adding to this bureaucratic bloat
> maintainers in Fedora are confronted with.

This "bureaucracy" is needed so you can tell *why* you're pushing the
update. At the very least "upstream bugfix release, changelog here: [URL]".
But often you want to give a more precise reason, also referencing Bugzilla
IDs.

Now some maintainers don't do this, but that's their fault, not Bodhi's.

        Kevin Kofler