Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Dec 12 20:39:44 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and
solutions)
From: Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Date: 12/12/2008 02:03 PM

> How are fedora-announce, the blogs and the webpages NOT this?

We need an applet that notifies users of announce e-mails or some form
of libnotify box that says "hey stupid, read this Fedora news." New
users typically care less about mailing lists, blogs, and webpages
unless they are looking to set up new software like Samba sharing or
have a bug like the PackageKit dependency.

 From my own experience, I could care less about visiting Fedora web
sites daily. Should all end users pour hours of their lives into reading
web pages and blogs daily? No, the process should be done for them.