Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 15 20:50:49 UTC 2008

Adam Williamson wrote:
> This is an important use case for DVD images.

I haven't seen anyone else mention an important use case of a Live DVD,
namely, providing a complete experience to someone that is not familiar
with Linux. So far, everyone is talking about Live CD's strictly as an
install medium (which, admittedly, fits the subject of this thread).
However my understanding of, and my primary use for, Live Media is "try
before you buy".

--
Matthew
Me: wtf?? "#warning This is temporary since Dec 2000". Seven-year