Re: Installing from Live CD is the new black?

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad users sourceforge net> wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>>
>> This is an important use case for DVD images.
>
> I haven't seen anyone else mention an important use case of a Live DVD,
> namely, providing a complete experience to someone that is not familiar with
> Linux. So far, everyone is talking about Live CD's strictly as an install
> medium (which, admittedly, fits the subject of this thread). However my
> understanding of, and my primary use for, Live Media is "try before you
> buy".

My primary use for a Live DVD image is for installing to a USB drive.
Seriously, 9.99USD for a 4GB drive at MicroCenter USA.

And that need may disappear as soon as I learn to roll my own Live images.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )