Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 15 21:48:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 15:41:23 -0600,
  Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> My primary use for a Live DVD image is for installing to a USB drive.
> Seriously, 9.99USD for a 4GB drive at MicroCenter USA.
>
> And that need may disappear as soon as I learn to roll my own Live images.

livecd-creator is easy to use. Get a copy of Everything, updates and maybe
updates-testing (or alternatively rawhide). Install livecd-tools and
spin-kickstarts and you have what you need.
You can copy kickstart files from /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/ and edit
them to do what you want. Be sure to copy included files over or add the
full path in the ones you have copied. In particular you are going to want
fedora-live-base.ks and change the repos in it to point to your local
repos using file: urls.
I am working on getting the live games dvd back in shape for f11 and can
probably answer simple questions for you.