RFC: Description text in packages

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:27:45 UTC 2008

> It's not some crazy reason.
> What you call left quote in ASCII was always defined as the grave
> accent.
> The grave accent was never a mirror of '. Some people abused it this
> way. With unicode there was no reason for the abuse to continue so it
> returned to its initial intended definition.
>
> --
I was talking about U+2018-U+201F not grave accent
> so I suggest using "" quotes not any of U+2018-U+201F

U+2018 LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
U+201C LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK
U+201D RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK

they are mirrors of each other
they used to be so
before things went out of mind

and the typographic directed quotation marks U+2018 and U+2019 as in <
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quotes.html

this won't work because unicode no longer mark them as mirrors in
Arabic one should write
U+2019 then text then U+2018 ie. reversed because renderers no longer
mirror them