RFC: Description text in packages

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 16 20:06:57 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mardi 16 décembre 2008 à 13:17 -0600, Matthew Woehlke a écrit :
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>> Bzzt. On an average keyboard, about 50% of the alt-ed space is not
>>> marked and let to the implementators discretion. Without going into
>>> Canadian six-level key complexity, four-level xkb layouts are the norm
>>> and I dare you to find a keyboard where all four levels are marked.
>> So you're infringing on shortcut space instead?
>
> This is not "infringing on shortcut space" this is using a normal
> four-level or more xkb layout.

What's the fourth level? Not alt, that's used for accelerators. Not
ctrl, shift, meta, or any combination thereof, as those are for
shortcuts. That leaves... menu, and combinations thereof. If
menu+something does something special, I sure don't know about it.

You still haven't answered the education question.

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet