Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 21:51:55 UTC 2008

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>>> Rightly so, I think. For the 'modern personal desktop' (hope I used
>>> the correct quotes there :-), the critical system messages deserve to
>>> be delivered to the active (or soon to be) desktop, rather than a
>>> passive log file.
>> What does that mean?  Has Linux stopped being a multiuser system?
>
> You're sounding like a troll now.  The phrase "modern personal desktop" was
> quite twice in the two-paragraph you replied to.

I have no idea what "modern personal desktop" means to you.  For me, it
mostly means something that can run the NX client to connect to my
long-running desktop sessions on a few other machines.

> Just install the server spin and be happy.  What's wrong with that?

I want desktop applications.  I just don't want to be limited to one
user at a time running them, or forced to be at any particular location
relative to where they run, or to have to stay in one place after
starting a session.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com