FYI - no rawhide today (yet)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 22:59:08 UTC 2008

> > Is that with the --update option? The manpage says it will read only
> > the new packages.
>
> Until very very recently (in fact, the source of the problem today)
> there was no code to pull any repodata from previous rawhide runs
> to --update from.

Not to mention that --update still has to stat the files to see if they
have changed, which is costly, 66 times, over nfs, on thousands upon
thousands of files each time.

Add to that the way we have to do multilib, there is at least one time
when 1/2 of the content you're running createrepo over doesn't exist in
any older repodata to read from (without a lot more gross hacks to stash
previous mid-run repodata somewhere).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!