What I'm going to do: Was: RFC: Description text in packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:59:59 UTC 2008

> Dumb question. All the complaints I've seen that come in are
> about word-wrapping, but your main example is about character
> escaping/transliteration. Why not just do the word-wrapping, and
> leave it at that? (Note that PK at the moment wordwraps badly,
> which causes other issues.)

Yes, I've fixed the word wrapping in the client tools now. I've also
removed all the " and ' replacement logic.

So, if you use valid markdown in your bohdi descriptions, or in your
package descriptions then gnome-packagekit will attempt to convert
elements to PangoMarkup. If it comes across anything oddball, it'll just
show the untouched line instead.

Richard.