Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 14:27:04 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 02:24:41 pm Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> > And what are all those applications that are claimed depend on sendmail?
> > Show it to me.
>
> Ask and you shall receive, at least for F10 with rpmfusion enabled:
> > repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps sendmail --qf "%{NAME}\n"|sort -u

We ran into a problem doing the LSPP evaluation with regards to email. Of all
the packages listed, the only one that really mattered for security was cron.
So, what we did was patched cron to be able to take an argument, -m, to
define the mail delivery agent. It could be a shell script, procmail, or
anything you wanted to take the cron output and move it into the local spool
dir. Would using this solve the problems being debated here?  (And since cron
can take a mail agent argument, it should not have a hard requirement for
sendmail.)

-Steve