Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 03:26:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2008 06:30:16 pm Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Mark wrote:
>> > Then what is it? Meritocracy?
>>
>> You know, you could package nautilus into RPM Fusion and get people to
>> use it over the Fedora package. Maybe then, the maintainer will wise up
>> and realize what a farce his ideology is.
>
> No, that's definitely unacceptable for RPM Fusion.

There is another option to drive feedback. Find a way to have gnome
users submit application environment settings such as gconf keys, into
a a gnome project datadump in a way that shows what settings users are
changing from the system defaults.   I think you could do that as part
of a larger usability study which focuses on trying to understand why
people are making those changes.

-jef