Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri Dec 19 17:32:09 UTC 2008

> This is an insanely awesome idea, and I just wanted to reply so people
> will see it twice, and remember it, and maybe something positive will
> come out of the fiftieth incarnation of this silly argument. :)

Unfortunately even this will not be representative -- it's fairly well
known that the vast majority of users will NOT bother to change the
defaults, they will only like or dislike them.

If you are of the opinion that "who cares, you can flip a setting" you
have no idea how users function.

If we want to be successful (especially with non-technical users
migrating from other OSes), the most important point is to not change
from expected behavior unless we have OVERWHELMING reason to do so.

Otherwise we confuse users and make them feel stupid. Nobody likes that,
and they will resent us for it.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.