Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Tomasz Torcz zdzichu at antracis.fordon.pl.eu.org
Sat Dec 20 19:37:55 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:47:14PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Can someone who likes (even tolerates) spatial mode describe why?  I'm
> completely baffled as to why anyone would prefer windows left open all over
> the place randomly instead of just explicitly opening ones yourself in
> places where you want them.  For me, it is _always_ extra work to close the
> unwanted windows compared to opening the ones I want.

  Let me chime in. I love spatial mode. Because every folder has its
place and size. I know that when I open my Movies folder it will appear
in upper-left part of screen. When I open my NAS share, it will open at
the bottom. When I open my PDF dir it will be at the right place on
screen, and will be scrolled down to position when I finished last time.
When I open my photos folder, it will have List View activated. That's
what spatial is about -- keepin each folder size and position.

  The second part of your question is pure FUD. When I open new window
and don't want parent directory open, I just open with middle button.
Some people prefer Shift+click in this situation. I never has to use
"Close all parent folder" (ctrl-shift-w), but I aware it exist.
  And my middle button is between left and right button. On my laptop.

--
Tomasz Torcz                        To co nierealne -- tutaj jest normalne.
zdzichu at irc.-nie.spam-.pl          Ziomale na życie mają tu patenty specjalne.