rawhide report: 20081220 changes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:11:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 20:26 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 20 décembre 2008 à 18:09 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger a écrit :
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:57:22 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote
> >
> > > If making it plain what the current official encoding and format of
> > > spec files is is being difficult, yes I'm being difficult.
> >
> > So this is 'We do what we must, because we can', kind of?
>
> It's a case of “if your application can not handle my conformant file
> that's you application problem not mine”.

This isn't about applications supporting UTF8. If it doesn't support
UTF8 it's broken, we both agree about that.

> And lastly, it's a case of “I don't take intimidation or bullying well”

I'm not bullying you. I'm asking you to stop doing your own thing, and
start using the convention that everyone else _except you_ is using.

> Is this sufficient for you?

No. Please stop being difficult and just follow what everyone else is
doing. You're just making yourself look ridiculous.

Richard.