Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Dec 21 16:35:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:53:23AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 02:43:56PM +0900, anubis at iinet.net.au wrote:
> > BUT, with every second release (I'll assume every even-numbered release), produce a re-spin at the 6-month mark, call it Fedora "stable" (or some such) and change the policy for updates and quality assurance at that point to maintain improved stability through to EOL - this may translate to fewer new features from that point to EOL but only within that release.
>
> You are free to do this. The previous attempts to do this failed because not
> enough people could be bothered to contribute. If you can find some other folks

Last time it was not the reason why it failed. It failed because FESCo
refused, and asked the board that certainly refused too. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_EOL
especially the discussion.

It could also have failed because of the lack of contributors, but
it didn't went far enough to be able to judge.

--
Pat