Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 21:48:05 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> That wasn't my question. My question is why not just use RHEL or CentOS
> if you just going to duplicate the same stream of updates for Fedora as
> well? It just seems busy work for no benefit.

That's precisely what I want to end up doing, but without the disruptive
  need to re-install and figure out what all those differences you are
describing as problems are.  And I'd rather not wait until the Centos
release to start planning local development.  I suspect many others have
a similar development cycle and need about as much time as fedora itself
to arrive at something suitable for another long-term starting point.

So, the question is whether someone who understands all the internals
can plan a clean transition path and do it once, or whether every end
user that needs stability has to muddle through it separately.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com