Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:07:51 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Now I don't think that idea is implementable in practice, at least not
> without major changes to how both RHEL and Fedora are developed which I
> don't think are ever going to happen. But it's the idea and I think Les
> described it pretty clearly. I just disagree with it.

What is your optimal plan for someone to have local applications
prepared and ready to take advantages of all the new developments in
RHEL6 the day it is released?

The strategy I'm talking about is pretty much the way things worked
before the RHEL/fedora split where RH X.0 and X.1 were equivalent to
fedora versions with X.2 aging to stability, bringing with it the
involvement of the community that worked through the development
problems and tested their applications against the changes as they were
made.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com