New font packaging guidelines

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:53:33 UTC 2008

2008/12/22 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>:
> We've known for quite a while TEX had a problem with fonts installation
> and licensing. However repoquery unearthed many non-font packages that
> shipped fonts (not only TEX packages, and a lot more than I
> expected :(), so I'm going to write a general answer if you permit.

python-matplotlib is carrying its own fonts around, which I didn't
catch. My bad.  So thanks for doing the auto-review.

I think I can just nuke the fonts that are in the package.  There is
also an experimental fontconfig feature in matplotlib 0.98.1 that I
can try to enable.

One thing, can you look over the fonts included in matplotlib and see
if there are any fonts which are not-duplicates of existing packaged
fonts?

-jef