Join Fedora. Learn cartwheels. Jump through hoops.

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 09:48:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Matthew Woehlke
> <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> My first thought was "Software Developer", but reading the description,
>> "Software Developer" sounds to me more specific to writing code (i.e. not
>> doc work)...
>
> Indeed... the attempt was to build a role definition that encompasses
> the work necessary to put the bits out the door as a major endeavor.
> Packaging is a big part of that. Triage is a big part of that. And so
> is documentation writing.

Then maybe the title needs to be slightly more verbose to encompass
all of those topics.

In fact, why not have seperate "Tester", "Developer" and "Technical
Writer" buttons? These are roles commonly found in the industry after
all, and they could all link to the same role description if you
want...

Regards,
Mat

--