Firefox and Epiphany crash after today's updates

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Feb 2 13:30:40 UTC 2008

On 2008/02/02 11:58 (GMT+0100) Martin Sourada apparently typed:

> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 11:38 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>> Le samedi 02 février 2008 à 02:51 -0500, Felix Miata a écrit :

>> > On 2008/02/01 23:15 (GMT+0100) Nicolas Mailhot apparently typed:

>> > One wouldn't think so, but exactly which apps permit selection of and
>> > actually use sizes specified in fractional pt?

>> Gnome used to, someone "simplified" the UI but writing fractions
>> directly in gconf-editor will still work I think.

> "Used to" is wrong at least until Gnome 2.20.2 (Fedora 8). I've just
> tried setting via appearances caplet font size to 8.5. No problem. Only
> you have to set in manually in the font picker (more specifically in the
> "size" labelled entry), but gnome accepts it.

My question had two parts. Neither of you addressed part two at all, and you
only half addressed part one. What apps (not DTEs) will display discrete
sizes regardless of DPI for 7.2pt, 7.7pt, 8pt, 8.3pt, 8.6pt, 9pt, 9.5pt,
etc.? http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Font/font-rounding.html
--
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one
and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409