Feature Status for Fedora 9 Alpha--Please Help

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 21:35:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 18:12 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> > The Alpha release for Fedora 9 is scheduled to start on February 5,
> > 2008. As we begin the Alpha for Fedora 9 more attention inside and
> > outside of Fedora will be drawn to on what is coming in Fedora 9.
> > Here is an opportunity to give everyone a good first impression and
> > provide as much helpful information as we can.
>
> Please get the current Gnome brokenness unbroken first!
>
> - Startup of Gnome gives nasty messages
> - Sevaral applets are broken
> - No gnome-screensaver

That's *way* outside the scope of this thread. Regardless of the current
moment-to-moment state of GNOME or any other packages, we still need to
keep track of the features that are being worked on.

So. File bugs, send mail to fedora-test-list, write patches, get stuff
fixed. But do *NOT* hijack threads about administrative stuff to
complain about unrelated problems.

-w