Packaging: name changes?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 16:11:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:04:05 -0500
Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was under the impression that the whole point of using Mock was to
> handle that situation.  However, regardless of whether I can build
> x86_64 packages or not, the error is not coming from the buildsystem,
> but from YUM.

No, the whole point of mock is to create clean chroots each time you
want to build.  The x86_64 platforms ability to run i386 code is a side
effect that allows you to do i386 builds on x86_64, and likewise ppc
builds on ppc64.  But it doesn't magically let you do x86_64 builds on
i386 or ppc builds on i386.

The yum error is irrelevant and uninteresting here if you're trying to
do something outside the realm of possibility.

--
Jesse Keating