Plan for tomorrows (20080207) FESCO meeting

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 01:55:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:48:41 +0100
Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:23:05PM -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >
> > We don't need a general rule.  We need you to bring up these specific
> > examples when they happen and FESCo can deal with those at that time.
> > That's what the general rule would boil down to anyway.
>
> I have something like 9 of such bugs, I don't think that it scales well
> to ask FESCO. And what to ask to FESCO? Hello, I have all those bugs not
> addressed, please do something? Maybe ther may be a better solution?

9 bugs for 9 separate maintainers?  Or one maintainer with 9 bugs?  Or?
 Seriously, what would you consider reasonable to do in situations like
you described (but still haven't given specifics to)?

If you have an actual proposal, we can certainly review it.
Personally, I find situations like that to differ in the details
enough that I'm not sure there is a sufficient general solution.  It
seems to me asking FESCo to review those on a case-by-case basis would
cover most things.  It won't scale to hundreds of bugs or dozens of
maintainers, but if that starts being the case we've failed elsewhere.

josh