to autodownload or not to autodownload

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 21:27:50 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 10:15 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 2:07 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There were this kind of discussions before and came to same
> > conclusion, but you are all not mentioning one thing that I believe is
> > really important - and that it can be legal (maybe it already is) in
> > Fedora to link to outside sources without Fedora being held for
> > infringement.
> > Has anybody checked with Fedora Legal what is the status of that?
> >

> Yes, several times.. and I believe that the answer has always been
> "yes it is illegal by way of contributary infringement".

You didn't understand me or you don't have all the info... look at
older posts on this subject. Somebody posted on mailinglist saying
that there was a court decision in US that would make this
"contributary infringement" go away. That is what I'm saying to check
with Fedora Legal because this was couple months ago.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic