installation workflow issues

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:52:47 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 1:47 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 3:31 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm willing to contribute in one way I can and that is testing
> > workflows. I have found quite a few workflow dead ends while installing
> > latest Fedora 9 Alpha.
>
> I'm really not sure what you mean here.   I'm incapable of
> comprehending what a deadend in the installer actually means.. since
> once you've got it installed you are free to do a lot of customization
> on everything above filesystem layout.
>
> -jef

Dead end is probably wrong word here - bottleneck is probably a better one.
If certain type of user comes to an option that he doesn't understand,
installed doesn't explain in clear way what each choice does (in non
geekish tongue) and default options would take him in wrong direction
- that is what I mean by "bottleneck" or "dead end". Is it any clearer
now?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/