to autodownload or not to autodownload

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Feb 9 14:02:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 01:00:08PM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Have you read these threads:
> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2008-January/msg00095.html
> [2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2008-January/msg00129.html
>
> I tested swfdec in detail and I find it useless for general online
> usage today. Offcourse that it will get impoved and I welcome the day

Maybe, but it is not that bad, in comparison with gnash 0.8.1. gnash
0.8.2 is coming soon and it is much better. But the way out is to
contribute code to make things work, not to use the proprietary plugin.
Reporting bugs is already great, though.

> I can use it instead of proprietary ones, but that day is not today
> unfortunatelly. And in order to use swfdec you still need unlegalized
> fedora packages from livna if you didn't know.

Indeed, but it is outside of the scope of fedora to change patent
related laws.

--
Pat