Preventing loss of useful information when closing bugs as duplicates.

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 11:06:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 19:37 +1100, Lex Hider wrote:
> Should all comments for bugs closed as duplicates be added to the
> original bug.
>
> It seems to me that useful information is lost when closing bugs as
> duplicate.

I'd say this is the natural responsibility of both the assignee that
should at least skim through duplicates (the information is not _lost_,
just one flag is changed) and partly also of the person that closes the
duplicate (he should at least point to the fact that duplicate contains
something useful).